All your medical records and results will be entirely confidential. We recommend a health screen every 2 years for those under 50 and annually for those over 50.
As its name implies this is a simple 20-minute consultation with our GP who will take a concise medical history, examine you fully from top to toe and organise screening tests as required. The only difference between this and a normal GP consultation is that you feel well; you aren’t looking for treatment but instead prevention.
This is directed more at the younger patient below 40.
Cost: £80 consultation fee plus any further tests required
This medical is far more comprehensive and is directed at anyone who truly wants a thorough check. It is aimed at detecting common medical problems including high blood pressure, diabetes, high cholesterol, lung disease, anaemia, infections, kidney and liver disease, calcium and Vitamin D deficiency (this can lead to bone and muscle aches and general tiredness), iron levels, prostate cancer for men and thyroid problems which are common in women. An ECG will be performed to detect heart abnormalities.
- Blood tests, stool test (FOB), urine test (for protein blood and infection) and ECG taken at the clinic at least 3 days prior
- 40 minute consultation with the GP detailing concerns, symptoms, past medical history, family history and medication
- Assessment of cardiovascular risk “Q-risk”
- Height, weight, BMI and BP readings
- Lung function reading “PEFR”
- ECG to check for heart disease and rhythm abnormalities.
- Physical examination of whole body by GP including breast examination or male genitalia/prostate examination
Blood tests including:
- Full lipid profile (cholesterol and more)
- Full blood count and ESR (non specific inflammation)
- Kidney function test
- Liver function test
- Bone profile test
- Thyroid function test
- Diabetes check
- Vitamin D level
- Prostate specific antigen
- Onward referrals as indicated
- Issuing of any prescriptions as indicated
Further tests and services as required will be charged as extra—this includes cervical smear, pelvic examination, sexual health screen, chest X-ray etc
Cost: £450 fee to include all the above