In addition to our standard GP appointments, we offer a range of specific services, some of which are not available from an NHS GP.
Traditional general practice consultations with established GPs, in a comfortable setting at our clinic in the centre of Bournemouth.
- 20 or 40 minute appointments – choose a 40 minute appointment if you have complex health issues
- Book online or by phone
- On-site pharmacy
- Prescriptions resulting from an appointment with a doctor are issued free of charge
- Repeat prescriptions without an appointment incur a small charge
- Our on-site pharmacy is open from 8.15am to 6.30pm Monday to Friday
Medical screening and health checks
The earlier a condition is spotted, the easier it is to treat. We recommend regular health checks, especially for people over the age of 40.
- Annual health checks – effectively an MOT for your body to check everything is in good working order. We offer a 20 minute examination (‘the Simple’), or a thorough 40 minute examination with blood tests, ECG and more (‘the Complete’)
- Prostate test and examination – with detailed counselling on the pros and cons of the tests.
- Driving medicals; HGV and taxi medicals. Ring to discuss requirements.
Vaccinations are an easy and effective way of preventing serious infectious diseases.
- Full range of vaccinations and immunisations
- Given by an experienced GP, not a nurse
- Children and adults
- Vaccinations not available on NHS
- Meningitis B vaccine
- Flu vaccine
- HPV vaccine
- Shingles vaccine
Blood tests, X-rays and scans
We can recommend and organise investigations wherever these would be helpful. We would normally refer you to the Nuffield or the Harbour private hospital for scans and X-rays but blood tests can be taken during the consultation if necessary.
- Blood tests. Private testing will be discussed at the consultation but we also have a phlebotomy nurse who can take your NHS bloods for you and send them to Poole or Bournemouth Hospitals. You would need to provide the request form from your NHS GP.
- CT scans
- Ultrasound scans
- MRIs (within a tunnel at the hospitals but in an open enclosure at the chiropractor clinic—your doctor will suggest which one is most appropriate for you)
- Relief for acutely inflamed joints from sports injury or osteoarthritis
- Cortisone injections can also relieve soft tissue problems such as certain tendon or muscular problems
Minor cosmetic skin surgery and cryotherapy
- Removal or freezing of lumps and bumps, moles and blemishes
- By arrangement only – please contact us for more details
We work closely with a very wide range of specialists who are experts in their field.
- We write letters referring you to a private specialist if you would like to be seen promptly or have private insurance in place
- We can write to your NHS doctor explaining our findings and recommendations for an onward NHS referral