The allergy clinic is run at our Bournemouth Clinic by Dr Helen Evans-Howells (nee Dr Helen Howells), a leading GP with a specialist interest in allergies. She offers expert diagnosis and management of the full range of allergic disorders affecting adults and children, including:
- Food allergies
- Hayfever, dust allergy /mould allergy /animal allergies
- Asthma/cough in young child
- Delayed gastrointestinal food allergies
- Hives and swelling
- Insect stings
An initial consultation (usually up to an hour) costs £250. Follow up consultations (usually 30-40 minutes) cost £150.
If the history suggests that allergy testing is needed then Dr Helen will undertake this in clinic if you wish. There are two types of allergy tests she can perform:
- skin prick tests (which will give immediate answers) – This costs an additional £75
- blood tests (there will be a delay before results come back). The laboratory tests vary in price. The price will be confirmed before any tests are carried out.
If you think you are likely to need and want allergy skin prick testing then it is important to know that anti histamine medication must be stopped at least FOUR DAYS BEFORE your appointment and you may need to bring the food you are concerned about to the clinic. In our setting we currently have skin prick tests available for airborne allergies and for the following foods;
All nuts, sesame, pea, lentils, tomato, oat, wheat, soya, milk, egg, cod, crab, salmon and shrimp.
Please note that at the time of booking an appointment we will request the full appointment cost of £250. If you need to cancel for any reason, we will provide a refund.
If you are unsure if Dr Helen can help you with your allergy or you would like us to contact you with more information, please fill in and submit the below enquiry form and we will get back to you as soon as possible.