Personalised annual health checks
Our personalised health check provides a truly comprehensive assessment of your health – effectively an MOT for your body to check everything is in good working order.
We recommend a health screen every two years for those under 50 and annually for those over 50. All your results and records will be entirely confidential.
This medical is designed to detect common medical problems including high blood pressure, diabetes, high cholesterol, lung disease, anaemia, infections, kidney and liver disease, calcium levels, iron levels, prostate cancer for men, thyroid problems (which are common in women) and vitamin D deficiency which can lead to bone/muscle aches and general tiredness.
A two part check
The check begins with an appointment with a nurse to carry out tests, and a urine and stool test kit is posted out before the appointment. When the results are back, you will have an appointment with a GP who carries out a thorough examination of the body.
The initial appointment with a highly experienced nurse lasts roughly an hour. The nurse carries out the following:
- Blood tests (see list below)
- “Q-risk” assessment – a cardiovascular disease calculator
- Height, weight, BMI and blood pressure readings
- Peak Expiratory Flow Rate Measurement – to check lung function
- ECG to check for heart disease and rhythm abnormalities
Once all the test results have come back from the laboratory (about 3-4 days later), a 40-minute examination takes place with a GP. They will conduct a full head to toe examination of the body including a prostate and testicular exam for men and a breast examination for women. The GP will then discuss the test results and address any concerns, symptoms, past medical history, family history and medication. The GP can then issue any prescriptions needed and make referrals to any necessary specialists.
The blood tests include:
- Full lipid profile (cholesterol and more)
- Full blood count and ESR (non-specific inflammation)
- Kidney function
- Liver function
- Bone profile
- Thyroid function
- Diabetes check
- Vitamin D level
- Prostate specific antigen
Further tests and services if required or requested will be charged as extra – this includes cervical smear test, sexual health tests, chest X-ray etc.
A Personalised Health Screening Report containing all the results of the tests and examinations is emailed or sent in the post. This also includes recommendations and advice from the GP, if needed, to improve health and wellbeing going forward.
We carry out a range of tests and checks for specific conditions or purposes.
- Prostate test and examination – with detailed counselling on the pros and cons of the tests
- Smear tests
- Sexual health testing – blood tests, urine and swab analysis are available to test for the full range of sexually transmitted diseases
- Blood screening – hundreds of blood tests are available to screen for many conditions, illnesses and diseases. Please contact us for advice and prices.
- Sports medicals such as those needed for marathons, motorsport (MSA) and boxing medicals plus more. Email us the forms and we will give you a quote.
- Work and visa medicals – call or email us your requirements and we can arrange the blood tests and GP appointment to complete your documents.
Cost: typically £89. Most medicals can be completed within a 20 minute appointment for £89. Some medicals may require a bit longer and will be charged on an individual basis.
We specialise in employment medicals for drivers. Each medical is conducted at a 20 minute appointment with an experienced GP. We can offer the following driving medicals at a time to suit you:
- DVLA D4 Driver Medicals for coach, bus, HGV, LGV and PCV driving.
- Taxi Driver Medicals (Subject to your licencing council’s guidelines).
- Minibus and advanced driver pre-training medicals.
- Visa Medicals.
- Fit to Work Medicals.
- Pre-Employment Medicals.
- Immigration/Emigration medicals to China, Kuwait, Cayman Islands, Bermuda, South Africa, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Indonesia and more.
If you require a medical for a job in England or abroad, our GPs can carry out the examination and provide you with the documentation to confirm it has been carried out.
If you are given a specific medical report from an employer, our GPs will examine you according to the instructions/questions and complete the report.
If any blood, urine or other pathology tests are required, the GP can carry this out during the appointment. If an X-ray is necessary, the GP will give you a referral form to have this carried out at a local private hospital.
For work abroad, that may require you to have travel vaccines, the G.P can also administer these during your appointment. Each vaccine is priced individually. Please go to fees and click on vaccinations
Most medicals can be completed within a 20 minute appointment for £89. Some medicals may require a bit longer and will be charged on an individual basis.