Traditional general practice consultations with established GPs, based in our comfortable private clinic in the centre of Bournemouth.
- 20 or 40 minute appointments – choose a 40 minute appointment if you have complex health issues
- Telephone appointments
- Book online or phone 01202 761150
- On-site pharmacy
- On-site parking
- Prescriptions resulting from an appointment with a doctor are issued free of charge
- Repeat prescriptions without an appointment incur a small charge
- Our on-site pharmacy is open from 8.15am to 6.30pm Monday to Friday
Medical screening and health checks
The earlier a condition is spotted, the easier it is to treat. We recommend regular health checks, especially for people over the age of 40.
- Annual health checks – effectively an MOT for your body to check everything is in good working order. We offer a 20 minute examination (‘the Simple’), or a thorough 40 minute examination with blood tests, ECG and more (‘the Complete’)
- Prostate test and examination – with detailed counselling on the pros and cons of the tests.
We specialise in employment medicals for drivers. Each medical is conducted at a 20 minute appointment with an experienced GP. We can offer the following driving medicals at a time to suit you;-
- DVLA D4 Driver Medicals for coach, bus, HGV, LGV and PCV driving.
- Taxi Driver Medicals (Subject to your licencing council’s guidelines).
- Minibus and advanced driver pre-training medicals.
- Visa Medicals.
- Fit to Work Medicals.
- Pre-Employment Medicals.
If you require a medical for a job in England or abroad, our G.Ps can carry out the examination and provide you with a printed report to confirm it has been carried out. If you are given a specific medical report from an employer, then the G.P will examine you according to the instructions/questions and complete the report. If any blood, urine or other pathology tests are required, then the G.P can carry this out during the appointment. If an X-ray is required the G.P will give you a referral form to have this done at a hospital in Bournemouth.
For work abroad, that may require you to have travel vaccines, the G.P can also administer these during your appointment. Each vaccine is priced individually. Please go to fees and click on vaccinations
Most medicals can be completed within a 20 minute appointment charged at £80. Some more in depth medicals may require a bit longer and will be charged on an individual basis.
For more information or to make an appointment please call us on 01202 761150
Vaccinations are an easy and effective way of preventing serious infectious diseases.
- Full range of vaccinations and immunisations
- Given by an experienced GP, not a nurse
- Children and adults
- Vaccinations not available on NHS
- Meningitis B vaccine
- Flu vaccine
- HPV vaccine
- Shingles vaccine
- Pertussis vaccine
Blood tests, X-rays and scans
We can recommend and organise investigations wherever these would be helpful. We would normally refer you to our colleagues at Bournemouth Ultrasound for scans and X-rays but blood tests can be taken during the consultation if necessary.
- Blood tests. Private testing will be discussed at the consultation but we also have a phlebotomy nurse who can take your NHS bloods for you and send them to Poole or Bournemouth Hospitals. You would need to provide the request form from your NHS GP.
- CT scans can be arranged at the local hospitals
- Ultrasound scans can now take place at Dorset Private Health by Dr Ravi Ayer or Mr Dominic Foy who are Bournemouth Ultrasound.
- MRIs (within a tunnel at the hospitals but in an open enclosure at the chiropractor clinic—your doctor will suggest which one is most appropriate for you)
- Relief for acutely inflamed joints from sports injury or osteoarthritis
- Cortisone injections can also relieve soft tissue problems such as certain tendon or muscular problems
Minor cosmetic skin surgery and cryotherapy
- Removal or freezing of lumps and bumps, moles and blemishes
- By arrangement only – please contact us for more details
We work closely with a very wide range of specialists who are experts in their field.
- We write letters referring you to a private specialist if you would like to be seen promptly or have private insurance in place
- We can write to your NHS doctor explaining our findings and recommendations for an onward NHS referral