Traditional general practice consultations with established GPs, based in our comfortable private clinic in the centre of Bournemouth. Alternatively, why not book a face to face consultation from the comfort of your own home and have a 20 minute video appointment with one of our GPs.
- 20 or 40 minute consultation appointments at our clinic – choose a 40 minute appointment if you have a complex health issue or several concerns. A 20-minute appointment is priced at £85 and a 40-minute appointment is priced at £150.
- 10 minute telephone appointments for existing patients. Priced at £40
- 20 minute video consultation appointments from the comfort of your own home. Priced at £80
- Book online Book appointment or phone 01202 761150. (Please do not call this number for Covid 19 enquiries or bookings. Please visit our Covid testing page)
- On-site pharmacy
- On-site free parking
- Prescriptions resulting from an appointment with a doctor are issued free of charge
- Repeat prescriptions without an appointment incur a small charge of £25
- Our on-site pharmacy is open from 8.15am to 6.30pm Monday to Friday
Medical screening and health checks
The earlier a condition is spotted, the easier it is to treat. We recommend regular health checks, especially for people over the age of 40.
- Annual personalised health screening – effectively an MOT for your body to check everything is in good working order. Find out more about annual health checks
- Prostate test and examination – with detailed counselling on the pros and cons of the tests.
- Smear Tests
- Sexual Health Testing – Blood tests, urine and swab analysis are available to test for the full range of sexually transmitted diseases.
- Blood Screening – Hundreds of blood tests are available to screen for many conditions, illnesses and diseases. Please contact us for advice and prices.
- Sports Medicals such as those needed for Marathons, Motorsport (MSA) and Boxing Medicals plus more. Email us the forms and we will give you a quote.
For more information or to book an appointment please call us on 01202 761150
We specialise in employment medicals for drivers. Each medical is conducted at a 20 minute appointment with an experienced GP. We can offer the following driving medicals at a time to suit you;-
- DVLA D4 Driver Medicals for coach, bus, HGV, LGV and PCV driving.
- Taxi Driver Medicals (Subject to your licencing council’s guidelines).
- Minibus and advanced driver pre-training medicals.
- Visa Medicals.
- Fit to Work Medicals.
- Pre-Employment Medicals.
- Immigration/Emigration Medicals to China, Kuwait, Cayman Islands, Bermuda, South Africa, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Indonesia and more.
If you require a medical for a job in England or abroad, our G.Ps can carry out the examination and provide you with the documentation to confirm it has been carried out. If you are given a specific medical report from an employer, our G.Ps will examine you according to the instructions/questions and complete the report. If any blood, urine or other pathology tests are required, the G.P can carry this out during the appointment. If an X-ray is necessary the G.P will give you a referral form to have this carried out at a local private hospital.
For work abroad, that may require you to have travel vaccines, the G.P can also administer these during your appointment. Each vaccine is priced individually. Please go to fees and click on vaccinations
Most medicals can be completed within a 20 minute appointment charged at £85. Some more in depth medicals may require a bit longer and will be charged on an individual basis.
For more information or to make an appointment please call us on 01202 761150
Vaccinations are an easy and effective way of preventing serious infectious diseases.
- Full range of vaccinations and immunisations
- Given by an experienced GP, not a nurse
- Children and adults
- Vaccinations not available or restricted on NHS
- Chicken Pox vaccine
- Flu vaccine
- HPV vaccine
- Shingles vaccine
- Pertussis (Whooping Cough) vaccine
- Yellow Fever vaccine- we are a designated Yellow Fever Centre.
Testing is now available for Covid-19, both for travelling or simply peace of mind.
Blood tests, X-rays and scans
We can recommend and organise investigations wherever these would be helpful. We will normally refer you to a private hospital for scans and X-rays but blood tests can be taken during a GP consultation. Alternatively, if you know which blood tests you require and do not need to see a GP first, we can arrange for one of our nurses to carry out the phlebotomy.
- Blood tests. There are hundreds of different types of blood screening available, for example; allergies, tumour markers, hormones, diseases, thyroid levels, prostate and diabetes to name but a few. We use a London based laboratory and the tests are priced individually depending on what you require. Please contact us for more information and prices. 01202 761150
- We can provide the referral for an X-ray or CT scan and arrange for this to be carried out at a local private hospital
- Ultrasound scans can now take place on site at our clinic by radiologists Dr Ravi Ayer or Mr Dominic Foy. They charge a set price of £230 for one area of the body that requires scanning
- MRIs (are within a tunnel at the private hospitals or in an open enclosure at a local chiropractic clinic). The doctor will suggest which one is most appropriate for you and will make the arrangements)
- Relief for acutely inflamed joints from sports injury or osteoarthritis
- Cortisone injections can also relieve soft tissue problems such as certain tendon or muscular problems
Joint injection appointments are 20 minutes and priced at £95. Dr Alder and Dr Echebarrieta can carry out this procedure.
Please call us on 01202 761150
Please read our recent blog on steroid risks and Coronavirus here
Women’s Health and Contraception
Dr Rosemary Crinion specialises in women’s health and contraception procedures. The following procedures can be carried out in our clinic.
- Coil Removal – This is a 20-minute appointment and priced at £85
- Coil Fitting – This is a 30-minute appointment and the doctor is assisted by a nurse. A copper coil insertion is priced at £180 and a hormone (Mirena) coil insertion is priced at £260.
- Coil Exchange – This is a 40-minute appointment and a nurse assists for some of the procedure. The copper coil exchange is priced at £250 and the hormone coil exchange is priced at £330.
- Implant Removal – This is a 20-minute appointment assisted by a nurse and is priced at £135
- Implant Fitting – This is a 20-minute appointment and priced at £250.
- Implant Exchange – This is a 40-minute appointment and a nurse will assist for some of the procedure. This is priced at £360.
If you have not had an implant or a coil fitted before, a 10-minute telephone consultation will be required with Dr Crinion before the procedure can be carried out. This is priced at £40
- Smear Test with HPV testing – This is a 20-minute procedure and priced at £210. The results will be received within 4 days. The HPV test is automatically carried out by the laboratory. Evidence shows HPV testing is a more effective way to identify women at risk of cervical cancer. Human papillomavirus (HPV) is a common virus transmitted through sexual contact. Certain sub-types of HPV are linked to the development of abnormal cells and can cause cervical cancer.
If you would like some general advice about any women’s health concern or contraception, please call or book on line for a 20-minute appointment with Dr Rosemary Crinion. A 20-minute appointment is priced at £85.
Minor cosmetic skin surgery and cryotherapy
Dr Jon Echebarrieta specialises in the removal of lumps, bumps, moles, warts, tags and blemishes. He has a clinic every Friday.
Most problem skin areas such as skin tags, types of mole, warts etc. can be treated with Cryotherapy. This is where liquid nitrogen is applied to the area to freeze it. The area will form a scab a few days later and then the skin tag/mole will come away. There is very minimal scarring with cryotherapy compared to incision, but sometimes more than one treatment is required.
Cryotherapy can be carried out during a 20 minute appointment and this is priced at £85.
Sometimes Dr Echebarrieta will decide that a lump or bump requires minor surgery to remove it by incision. This will normally require stitches and will leave some form of a scar. Lipomas and cysts quite often need removing with minor surgery and Dr Echebarrieta carries this out every Friday in a specialist minor ops treatment room at our clinic. The total cost of the surgery including the removal of stitches 10 days later is priced at £350.
For more information or to book an appointment, please call us on 01202 761150
We work closely with a very wide range of specialists who are experts in their field.
- We write letters referring you to a private specialist if you would like to be seen promptly or have private insurance in place
- We can write to your NHS doctor explaining our findings and recommendations for an onward NHS referral