Private GPs in sites across Dorset
Get quick access to experienced hand-picked local GPs and nurses who can offer you the time and attention you need. Book an appointment in one of our well-equipped consulting rooms in central Bournemouth or our new Poundbury clinic in Dorchester.
Dorset Private GP service, based in the heart of Bournemouth, offers you the unhurried, thorough, personal care we believe is best for patients.
All our doctors are highly experienced practising local NHS GPs and we provide all the services you’d expect from a GP consultation, plus some you wouldn’t.
Your health is important and with the NHS sometimes struggling to offer a quality service now is the time to choose a private doctor.
You can see us at a convenient time that suits you – and at an affordable price. And you can see the same doctor each time, just as you once did with a traditional family GP. There’s no need to register in advance and you can continue seeing your existing NHS GP.
We are pleased to announce that we have opened a second branch of Dorset Private GP in Poundbury, Dorchester. To begin with, there will be a clinic every Wednesday morning starting 6th October. We are excited to bring the benefits of a quality private GP service to a new area and we will strive to increase the clinic availability and services as soon as possible.
Please note, this year we are unable to carry out private flu vaccinations.
Services we offer
- 20 or 40 minute GP appointments
- Vaccinations (Bournemouth clinic only)
- Repeat prescriptions
- Medical screening and health checks
- Driver Medicals -HGV, taxi, bus and more
- Visa application medicals
- Work and Sport application medicals
- Blood tests
- Womens Health – Coil and Implant insertion/removal
- Minor Surgery to remove lumps, bumps and moles.
- Hayfever and Joint Injections
How we charge
Our charges are simple and clear. You just pay per appointment, service or procedure. There’s no need for private insurance – we welcome anyone who needs our services.See our charges
Meet the team
All our team are experienced hand-picked local NHS medical professionals, led by Dr Tim Alder.Find out more about us
What our patients say
Why use a private GP?
- You want to see a doctor quickly.
- You want to spend longer with your doctor.
- You’re looking for a medical checkup or screening that’s not available on the NHS.
- You want a vaccination that’s not available on the NHS.
- You have a problem you wish to discuss discreetly.
- You want continuity of care with a team who can get to know you just as family doctors used to do.