- Coil removal – This is a 20-minute appointment. Cost: £89
- Coil fitting – This is a 30-minute appointment and the doctor is assisted by a nurse. A copper coil fitting costs £190 and a hormone (Mirena) coil fitting costs £290. The price includes a face to face check up 6 weeks after the procedure.
- Coil exchange – This is a 30-minute appointment and a nurse assists for some of the procedure. The copper coil exchange costs £250 and the hormone coil exchange costs £330. The price includes a face to face check up 6 weeks after the procedure.
- Implant removal – This is a 20-minute appointment assisted by a nurse. Cost: £135
- Implant fitting – This is a 20-minute appointment. Cost: £250.
- Implant exchange – This is a 30-minute appointment and a nurse will assist for some of the procedure. Cost: £325.
If you have not had an implant or a coil fitted before, a 10-minute telephone consultation will be required with Dr Crinion before the procedure can be carried out. This costs £45.
- Smear test with HPV testing – An appointment with one of our nurses is £89 and an appointment with a doctor is £140. The laboratory will test for the presence of HPV and if this is positive, then the lab will carry out cytology to check for abnormal cells. The results can take up to a week to come back.
Evidence shows HPV testing is a more effective way to identify women at risk of cervical cancer. Human papillomavirus (HPV) is a common virus transmitted through sexual contact. Certain sub-types of HPV are linked to the development of abnormal cells and can cause cervical cancer.
If you would like some general advice about any women’s health concern or contraception, please call 01202 761150 or book online for a 20-minute appointment with Dr Rosemary Crinion. Cost for 20-minute appointment: £89.